Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. Electrical Instrumentation Technician in York, Nebraska
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and the second largest consolidated owner of ethanol production facilities in the world. Green Plains, through our wholly owned subsidiary Fleischmann’s Vinegar Company, also provides specialized ingredient solutions for leading food and feed manufacturers.
Job Summary: The Electrical Instrumentation (E & I) Technician position is a maintenance crew member assigned to perform maintenance in areas of expertise such as electrical maintenance and installation, instrumentation, controls, PLC/DCS programming and troubleshooting. The primary goal is to assure safe and efficient production by responding to changing conditions in timely manner.
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working in all areas of the plant:
- Instrumentation and Electrical repair and troubleshooting
- Electrical Repairs: Motors, Motor Starters, Running Conduit and wire pulling
- Troubleshooting and repair of PLC/DCS systems
- Programming of PLC/DCS systems
- Conducting electrical repairs and installations (60%-70% of time spent)
- Moves, sets, calibrates, as needed, controls such as: knobs, valves, switches, levers, and index arms, on control panels to control process variables such as: flows, temperatures, pressures, vacuum, time, and chemicals, by automatic regulation and remote control of processing units such as: heaters, coolers, thermal oxidizer, compressors, exchangers, and other units
- Determines malfunctioning units by observing control instruments, such as meters and gauges or by automatic warning signals, such as lights and sounding of horns
- Inspects equipment to determine location and nature of malfunction such as: leaks, breakages and faulty valves Determines repair and maintenance of equipment
- Patrols units to verify safe and efficient operating conditions
- Lubricates equipment
- 3+ year of mechanical experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Familiarity with industrial equipment operations and care
- Experience with Arc and MIG welding
- Mechanical background with bearing changes, pumps, conveyors, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge in the areas of planning, organizing, interpersonal communications
- Strong Electrical Experience required
- PLC/DCS knowledge
- Knowledge of Hart Communication Systems, Profibus wiring and com methods, and Device-net
- Ability to read and update electrical prints
- Understanding of discrete and analog systems
- Pneumatic Experience & Hydraulic Experience strongly preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs, and work at heights.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Requisition Number: 17-0234
Title: Electrical Instrumentation Technician
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Day
Post Date: 9/6/2017