Michael Foods Maintenance Planner in Wakefield, Nebraska
- Monitors receiving and scheduling of work assignments from incoming work orders to the physical plant.
- Develops detailed and complete work packages consisting of detailed work instructions, labor estimates, procedures, bills of material, specifications, drawings, tool and equipment requirements, applicable permits, and any other information required to complete work in an efficient manner with emphasis on quality
- Utilizes a series of computer tools to perform planning and scheduling tasks
- Reviews incoming work requests, prioritizes planned and scheduled work, completes all pre-job planning activities and reviews/incorporates all pertinent safety procedures.
- Monitors the input/output of data by computer relating to the work control center operation.
- Routinely reviews work priorities and work schedules.
- Clarifies information on work orders by contacting originator.
- Communicates schedules to supervisors and crews performing work
- Coordinates work in all shops from information received on work orders.
- Evaluates resource requirements (including labor, materials, equipment, tools and services) and reviews work quality.
- Provides operational reports.
- Routinely reviews and revises maintenance database.
- Identifies equipment with excessive cost/downtime.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices becoming of a VPP Star worksite, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF Level 3 certification. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance and work order scheduling techniques.
- A fundamental understanding of plant process systems.
- Knowledge of SAP and computer software applications (working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and a general knowledge of Microsoft Project 2000). Thorough understanding of all MRO and SAP procedures and requirements, and being able to enter and populate computerized tracking systems.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and have the ability to work in a highly demanding team atmosphere.
- Must have the ability to conduct work independently and possess excellent organizational and time/priority management skills.
- Skilled in leading the work of others.
- Requires the ability to devise new approaches to problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are also required. Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be able to read, interpret, and thoroughly understand schematics, blue prints, and technical drawings.
- Thoroughly understand and follow all OSHA and Company regulations as they relate to the maintenance field (LOTO, CSE, PPE, etc.).
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.