Kiewit Corporation Field/Office Engineer Intern - Underground in Various Locations, Nebraska
Date: Oct 13, 2017
Location: Various Locations, NE, US
Requisition ID: 67682
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
We are looking for people pursuing one of the following college majors: Civil Engineering, Mining, Geotechnical Engineering, and Construction Management
Kiewit Underground conducts its operations primarily through Kiewit Infrastructure Company, a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, we construct both deep underground and foundations facilities/projects across the U.S. and Canada related to transportation, water/wastewater, power, mining, and telecommunications to name a few.
These Internships provide a hands-on learning experience directly related to responsibilities that transfer to skills needed in a full-time position with us. The opportunity is available to develop, participate and learn key roles and functions within construction engineering operations. We are looking for Interns who like to build things, get their hands dirty, and who want to explore the possibility of a long-term career at Kiewit in the future.
We have projects all across the United States and Canada, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date.
• Must be pursuing a degree in civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, mining or construction management (or related degree)
• Able to fully participate in job assignments at whichever job site, district office or department to which the Intern is assigned
• Able to temporarily relocate and work full-time during the summer of 2018 (approximately May-August)
• Strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Good working knowledge and experience with both Excel and Word
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Intern, Construction, Engineer, Technology, Entry Level, Engineering