Catholic Health Initiatives NURSE TECHNICIAN-STUDENT- Operating Room in OMAHA, Nebraska
NURSE TECHNICIAN-STUDENT- Operating Room
CHI Health is a regional health network with a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 15 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities and more than 150 employed physician practice locations in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa. More than 12,000 employees comprise the workforce of this network that includes 2,820 licensed beds and serves as the primary teaching partner of Creighton University’s health sciences schools. In fiscal year 2014, the organization provided a combined $149.3 million in quantified community benefit including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With locations stretching from Kearney, Neb. to Missouri Valley, Iowa, the health network is the largest in Nebraska and serves residents of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. For more information, visit online at CHIhealth.com.
Job Summary/Essential Duties:
1. Provides patient personal care/hygiene and physical comfort within assigned tasks and permitted by Nursing Skills Checklist, including feeding, bathing, shaving, changing clothes, bed making, ambulation, lifting, turning, moving, transferring, enemas, skin care and bowel/bladder elimination. Provides such additional care as required to meet the personal primary needs and comfort of assigned patient based on skill, ability, and patient acuity. Prepares patient, equipment and supplies for specific procedures/examinations.
2. Performs, monitors, reports and documents all clinical activities within assigned tasks and permitted by Nursing Skills Checklist. Observes and reports changes in patient condition to the RN. Obtains, labels and transports a variety of samples (e.g. urine, stool, sputum specimens and blood products).
3. Assists nursing staff in the admission, discharge and transfer of patient by performing activities such as inventory/storing patient belongings, providing patient with relevant personal care/comfort items, orienting patient/family and transporting patient to room or other location using wheelchairs, stretchers or patient bed.
4. Provides patient information to nursing staff for inclusion in the interdisciplinary plan of care; documents relevant patient data in accordance with work unit standards.
5. Maintains a neat and organized work environment. Orders, stocks and replenishes supplies and equipment as necessary, identifies and reports problems with supplies or equipment; enters equipment repair request in system, tags equipment and removes from service.
6. Maintains a safe work and patient environment, adhering to the hospital’s Safety, Risk Management, Regulatory Standards and infection prevention.
7. Participates in quality assurance/improvement initiatives and activities. Participates in growth opportunities.
Current enrollment as a Junior or Senior in an accredited Registered Nurse Bachelor of Science Degree program or final year in a Registered Nurse Associate Degree program.
Must be registered as a Nurse Aide in the state of practice.
Current healthcare provider BLS Certification.
Job Patient Care Support
Primary Location NEBRASKA-OMAHA-CUMC-BERGAN MERCY
Daily Schedule Days
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 0
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2017-R0127614