Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Every day at PayPal, we are changing the way the world does business by challenging the status quo, innovating and enabling business between millions of people across the globe. What we do at PayPal has never been done before and it has a tremendous impact! We build BIG and NEW products to drive worldwide commerce. Be it the next mobile payments solution, or a high availability money movement platform, we solve problems on a scale you just can't find elsewhere. PayPal continues to push the boundaries of technology by investing in individuals who passionately believe in the potential of innovative technologies that make up a global market place.
C++ Software Engineer with Telephony
Come join our team of engineers dedicated to revolutionizing the software platform for PayPal customer service! PayPal’s agents field half a million customer service contacts per week; your team will be building out a new BPM and SOA based product suite that is expected to result in dramatic improvements to both customer experience and agent efficiency.
As a member of a very talented product development team in our primary US contact center in Omaha, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our customers, experiment with new rapid development practices, and see the immediate impact of the software you develop.
We are seeking a senior software engineer to provide technical leadership in solution design, development, and implementation for the PayPal Global Operations team. Design and development work may involve business process modeling and model maintenance tools, Java Web services, and limited user interface development in a highly complex and collaborative environment.
A commitment to highly available and platform independent software is required!
• Developing C++ IVR services, and components, for a new customer service software platform;
• Maintaining and enhancing existing IVR service software components;
• Playing an active role in team and company-wide architecture discussions and design decisions;
• Providing technical guidance to other software engineers;
• Performing technical evaluations of third party solutions;
• Rapid prototyping to demonstrate possible solutions;
• Employing technical expertise in helping team members overcome technical problems;
• Adhering to release/project schedule and milestones.
Job Function: Tech - Software Engineers