The MITRE Corporation USSTRATCOM Nuclear Systems Engineer, Sr - 29408BR in Offutt AFB, Nebraska
USSTRATCOM Nuclear Systems Engineer, Sr - 29408BR
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
Provide systems engineering support to the U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) at Offutt AFB, Omaha, NE. The candidate must be a multi-disciplined technologist with lifecycle experience. This position will act in a multi-faceted systems engineering and systems analysis capacity within the Nuclear Command and Control mission area. Requirements analysis, architecture development, systems analysis, and end-to-end engineering, gap analysis are the types of engineering skills required for this position. The successful candidate for this position will provide key analyses and recommendations for multimillion dollar, mission-critical NC2 systems. The candidate will often serve as the government’s technical representative. And will interact with government representative and contractor personnel regularly. This position is located in Omaha, NE.
Analyze USSTRATCOM mission processes and supporting information technology (IT) in the context of emerging concepts of operations (CONOPS), mission requirements, lifecycle costs, interoperability considerations and other command needs to determine opportunities for improved system support to operations.
Perform systems engineering analyses to identify functional and non-functional requirements, interfaces, environmental factors, transition strategies, cost and risk considerations, and other issues pursuant to new/replacement capabilities.
Develop supporting artifacts such as requirements specifications, top-level system designs, interface specifications, technical roadmaps/strategies, risk mitigation approaches, transition strategies, acquisition approaches, etc. in support of system/program goals.
Provide communications networking and cybersecurity recommendations to inform requirements lifecycle from generation through validation
Work with customer, government, contractor, and other stakeholders in a fully collaborative environment. Leverage other efforts as appropriate to mitigate risk and lifecycle costs.
Provide strategic technical guidance to acquisition and system development efforts to develop, evolve, and enhance NC2 systems and operations.
Work with senior decision makers and other stakeholders in a highly dynamic environment to refine/improve solutions leading to rapidly fielded operational capabilities.
1) Understanding of NC2 missions and operations from the National level down to the weapon systems, including relevant governing documents (e.g., National Technical Performance Criteria).
2) Understanding of various NC2 platforms such as the fixed and mobile command centers as well as associated communications systems operating within their operational and threat environments.
3) Application of deep technical systems engineering and system analysis to the NC2 mission area.
4) Ability to collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to rapidly develop working solutions.
5) Ability to rigorously research problem and solution spaces and summarize findings both written and orally.
1) Strong technical background in systems engineering and system analysis or a related field. Demonstrated track record of providing actionable, innovative solutions based on rigorous analysis and application of science, engineering, procurement and other skills to customer problems.
2) Experience in communications networking and/or cybersecurity to include knowledge of enterprise IT planning and migration, as well as cyber compliance and mitigation measures from a system's perspective as well as enterprise-wide mission assurance perspective.
3) Excellent ability to communicate to a variety of audiences and to work with people with disparate backgrounds in a highly dynamic environment.
4) Ability to collaborate with other professionals and organizations in order to leverage the full capabilities of MITRE and other relevant organizations.
BS and 3 years related experience.
Job Systems Engineering
Primary Location United States-Nebraska-Offutt AFB
This requisition requires a clearance of Top Secret/SCI
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting Oct 16, 2017, 1:23:09 PM
Req ID: 29408BR