ABBTECH Professional Resources, Inc. ITCC Systems Administrator Level 3- Linux in Offutt AFB, Nebraska
ITCC Systems Administrator Level 3- Linux
Location : Offutt AFB, NE
Clearance: Top Secret w/ Eligibility for SCI
The ITCC Sr Systems Administrator, is an authority on relevant Systems Administration subject matter knowledge, including security technologies, theories, or techniques (such as security frameworks and methodologies). Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Updates projects on an on-going basis to reflect current status of activities and tasks. Supports documentation, databases and reporting relating to assigned responsibilities in ITCC. Develop and deliver presentations at senior levels for large, complex projects.
• Installs, maintains, and upgrades OSs and applications for Windows, UNIX and Linux environments.
• Manages file systems and configuration. Provides recommendations regarding system performance and capacity planning to include new technologies enhancing current methods and technologies.
• Understands/adheres to and implements overall security policies.
• Assists in development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding core infrastructure, including backup and restore procedures, load and performance monitoring, access permissions, hardware provisioning, hardware and software installation, configuration, and maintenance.
• Performs troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Assists in warehouse and disposition of assets.
• Perform all hardware, software, and firmware upgrades.
• Perform security Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) patch actions as directed by the designated government Security Office.
• Adheres to USSTRATCOM and Department of Defense Cybersecurity Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) policies and conducting initial and recurring Security Authorization Packages.
• Responsible for preparing, coordinating, managing, and tracking Interim Authority to Test (IATT), Authority to Operate (ATO), and Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) requests and approval credentials issued by the Authorizing Official (AO), as well as System Authorization Package and Change Requests for initial and recurring authorizations.
• Associates degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, with a minimum of 8 - 12 years relevant industry experience; 3 years additional experience may be substituted for Associates degree
• Experience in Systems Administration
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels
• Possess security certification (Security+, etc.)
• ITIL certification or equivalent preferred
** The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI
• Strong background and experience working with relevant operating systems (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
• Ability to manage, maintain, and administer end-user computing devices (PCs, UNIX/LINUX workstations, Virtual Desktops, Blade PC/ClearCube, tablets, laptops, etc.) and peripherals (printers, plotters, scanners, keyboards, mice, monitors, CAC reader, etc.)
• Experience in data backup and recovery.
• Understanding of IT security architectures and third party integrations
• Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills and ability to work effectively with a team
• Possess an industry certification in systems administration (Microsoft, Linux, etc.)