Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Retail Bakery Store Clerk- North Platte
Job ID #:8235
Location(s): North Platte, NE
Job Function:Sales Department:Sales - Thrift Stores
Position Type:Part Time - Regular Education Required:High School Diploma/GED
Experience Required:Less than 1 year Shift:
Attend to the customer's needs, handle cash and product. Assume responsibility for customer service, store presentation and cash and key control in the Store Manager's absence or as assigned by the Store Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Greet customers, maintain an awareness, and then assist with the selection of product when requested or when customer need is apparent.
* Have a thorough understanding of product availability, ingredients and nutritional information. Communicate this information to customers.
* Answer the telephone within three (3) rings and in a friendly and helpful manner.
* Responsible for customer service issues in the absence of the Store Manager or as assigned by the Store Manager.
* Insure that customer service goals and standards are maintained and superior customer service is delivered at all times.
* Assure that fast, efficient check-out occurs by opening additional registers when more than three customers are in line, until all registers are open.
* Operate the cash register effectively and handle cash and change within company policy. Responsible for variances.
* Assure stock levels on the sales floor are maintained at all times. Accomplish that by making a needs list, pulling product from reserve freezer, then stocking onto shelf in its assigned place. Apply all required stickers.
* Maintain product pricing, signage and coding on the sales floor.
* Unload trucks and check orders.
* Maintain freezer product at a safe and acceptable level, in a logical and accessible order so that all products can be easily found and accessed.
* Perform store cleaning regularly to insure store exceeds all cleanliness standards.
* Maintain cleanliness of the parking lot and all garbage areas in an acceptable condition.
* Maintain a clean, neat work area, disposing of cardboard and garbage in the proper manner.
* Insure that carts and baskets are neat in order at all times.
* Maintain a safe working environment for customers and fellow employees.
* Follow all safe working practices.
* Prepare for and participate in counting store physical inventory.
* Participate in store Team meetings and training.
* React to all business needs promptly and with a sense of urgency.
* Communicate effectively with store management and fellow employees to assure customers' needs are met and the store operates effectively.
* Perform other duties or tasks as requested.
Ability to stand, bend, kneel for entire shift