Verint Systems, Inc. Program Manager- Professional Services in Lincoln, Nebraska
Program Manager- Professional Services
Location US-Remote (United States)
Job ID 12160
Overview of Job Function:
As a key member of the Customer Engagement Solutions (CES) Professional Services PMO, the role of Program Manager will serve as a Customer Advocate and
• Drive a consistent customer experience with the goal of increasing customer loyalty
• Gather a deep understanding of the customer’s perceptions about our product and services and help translate that information into actionable insights
• Empower and align peers and other employees to build long-term customer relationships and engage in actions that continuously make for a great customer experience.
Using established best practices and methodologies, the Program Manager is typically responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of strategic or enterprise programs that typically require the implementation and enablement of Verint technology solutions and business advisory services. All programs will be managed within an established budget, defined scope and forecasted timeline, in order to consistently achieve program margin and other financial targets and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction throughout the program life cycle.
Program Manager Overview
The Program Manager’s focus is to support strategic and enterprise-level customers. These engagements will require a high degree of seasoned judgment, visionary thinking, financial acumen and leadership versatility.
The Program Manager will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills by building ongoing internal and customer relationships, while developing and earning the trust of all program stakeholders. The Program Manager is effective in reiterating the ROI of the solutions obtained by the customer – strengthening the Verint brand and laying the foundation for future upgrades and solution expansion.
Effective communication skills are a critical attribute of the Program Manager, and will help in fostering open dialogue and high-impact delivery.
The Program Manager is expected to acquire an advanced understanding of Verint products, systems and business advisory services and be capable of managing complex engagements with a broad range of internal and customer stakeholders, potentially including third-party providers and other vendors.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
• Highly self-directed with minimal supervision in order to effectively manage complex program-level engagements, typically valued at $1M or more, and having a duration of at least 9 months. These engagements may include business advisory, cloud or other consulting activity in addition to the standard implementation and enablement of core Verint solutions.
• To successfully manage a complex program-based initiative, the Program Manager must excel in the following competencies:
o Complexity Project Management – Ability to effectively provide oversight and management of multiple program workstreams. Skilled at integrating various components (e.g., software and hardware implementation, solution configuration and enablement, consulting services, etc.) into a seamless experience for the customer.
o Expert in Project Life-cycle Activities and Tasks – The Program Manager must consistently perform at an expert level for nearly all defined project lifecycle tasks and activities; Initiate, Plan, Execute, Control, Close.
o The Program Manager will demonstrate exemplary knowledge of Project Management and possess expert level skills and behavior in the execution of program/project plans.e.
o Program Integration – The Program Manager will create, maintain and advance a cohesive set of management plans to support multiple workstreams, requiring detailed project schedules, resource plans, quality management and comprehensive communications and change management artifacts.
o Executive Interpersonal Skills – Ability to persuasively and comfortably present to senior executives. Can craft messaging that is viewed as appropriate and constructive. Skilled in setting expectations or delivering information that is factual, but may not be perceived as initially positive by the customer. Comfortable in dealing with conflict management situations and adept at influencing and negotiation. The Program Manager will know how to authentically collaborate and partner with key executive sponsors by gaining their trust and serving as an advocate for their strategic vision or customer engagement initiative. A successfully Program Manager will strengthen the client relationship and share relevant updates with Sales and Delivery leadership.
o Problem Solving – Demonstrates strong problem-solving, critical thinking, independent judgment and strong decision-making skills. Effectively uses critical thinking and logic to solve difficult problems. The Program Manager will probe and investigate all relevant sources of information to develop a recommended solution. Skilled at partnering with stakeholders and acknowledging their input, while driving convergence of ideas and thoughts in a timely manner in order to take action.
o Financial Management – Excels at adhering to established budget, updating and maintaining financial budget reporting, forecasting and backlog information for all assigned program-level engagements. Can concisely provide accurate updates to Delivery leadership as needed. Accurately tracks, maintains and communicates (immediately) any schedule or cost variances and impact to the revised estimate-to-complete forecast.
• Responsible for program objectives, defined scope and achieving the conditions of success that serve as major program milestones and requires interim or final customer sign-off for approval.
• Exhibits confidence, adaptability and ability to drive execution.
• Participates in Sales-to-Services mobilization activities and/or reviews all pre-Sales documents and informs Sales and Contracts of potential technical, logistical, project scheduling or business issues, and liaisons with internal departments to ensure necessary program needs and goals are being met.
• At the conclusion of each critical program, creates a Program Summary outlining both strengths and short-comings of the program management process and perceived customer experience.
• When required, partners and provides support to pre-Sales, Sales and technical staff.
• Can effectively lead a program team, including customer stakeholders and other potential third-party resources through either a traditional or agile program lifecycle.
• Develops, mentors and guides program team as to drive successful outcomes.
• Interacts regularly with assigned Project Portfolio Manager (PPM), keeping the PPM informed of program progress and seeks guidance where needed to ensure overall program success and customer satisfaction.
• Engages in special programs as assigned by PMO leadership.
• Completes standard and ad hoc PMO status reporting requirements, as defined.
• Effectively coordinates the allocation of program resources with the PMO and other Project/Program Managers in order to maintain program deployment schedules.
• Accountable for adhering to the escalation process for installation issue resolution and managing the final “go/no-go” decision for installation deployment.
• Capable of developing large program structures and maintaining detailed-level project plan(s) and supporting documentation, including, in part:
o Program Charter
o Program Governance Plan
o Program Stakeholder Analysis
o Program Communication Plan
o Resource Forecast Spreadsheet
o Risk and Response Register
• Continually monitors the program schedule and defined POB milestones to accurately know the percent complete based on hours consumed and impact to revenue recognition.
• Updates and regularly maintains the program budget forecast and ensures timesheet adherence for timely financial reporting.
• Creates, gathers approval and executes Change Orders in a timely manner when the following are required:
o Adjustments in hours to program completion
o Adjustments in training
o Free of Charge (FOC) overruns
o Additional Scope
• Establish and maintains client-focused professional relationships with all customer and business executives to facilitate transparent, honest and timely communication.
• Stays attuned to changes in the customer’s business and technology environment, as well as organization and culture that could adversely affect the efforts of Verint Systems, Inc.
• Attends required product and services training and related demonstrations to acquire a fundamental understanding of Verint’s product suite and business advisory services.
• When asked, reviews Pre-Sales and Sales documentation to ensure the overall Professional Services effort and deliverables are accurately scoped and defined.
Additionally, the Program Manager will serve as an advisor to other Project Managers, participating in quality assurance project reviews, sharing best practices or inspecting project documentation and deliverables for potential defects or sub-standard output. Examples of this responsibility include:
o Perform risk management review sessions with other Project Managers, helping to identify new or under developed risks and create mitigating actions.
o Participate in interim and/or final program “lessons learned” sessions for other programs, providing mentorship and best practice guidance to the Project Manager and other team members, as needed.
o Provide assistance to other Project Managers in developing and executing complex change orders, including how to frame and develop a companion communication plan directed to the customer and other impacted project stakeholders.
o Provide guidance to other Project Managers to mitigate Free of Charge (FOC) overruns.
• 10+ years of experience in technical program or project management, process improvement, management consulting, and/or customer relationship management.
• Demonstrated experience in leading enterprise scale software deployments of $500K or greater.
• Past demonstrated experience in managing project or program teams in a complex environment.
• Experience leading complex programs that require strong integration across lifecycle components using strong critical thinking, problem solving.
• Expert level Program Financial management; inclusive of developing and maintaining program level budgeting and forecasting.
• Ability to effectively lead a large, cross-functional team without direct reporting responsibility in a manner that achieves desired business results.
• Effectively demonstrates a leadership presence when dealing with senior leaders; can remain composed, focused and productive when confronted with escalated issues or unanticipated change.
• Must possess Executive level communication skills, determining their purpose, impact, and appropriate timing without coaching. Must be able to effectively communicate with Executive level Clients; this includes setting Client expectations, the ability to deliver sub-optimal updates, and deftly deal with escalations.
• Expert in Project lifecycle activities and tasks.
• Consulting experience translating model and business process knowledge to clients.
• Ability to manage and conduct resource requirements analysis.
• 50% Travel required.
• Software specific working knowledge required of the following: MS Project, Visio, Microsoft Office Suite (sophisticated user level).
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
• Contact Center industry or Back-Office Operations experience a plus
• Masters of Business Administration (MBA).
• PMP certified.
• Experience in Process Improvement or workflow consulting a plus.
• Highly motivated individual driven to keep pace in a fast moving and dynamic environment. Ability to adapt to rapid change.
• Proven ability to influence others, demonstrated leadership and management skills.
• The ability to interface with all levels within the organization.
• Demonstrate a high level of integrity in all business dealings.
Successful completion of the background check process, including but not limited to employment, education, criminal convictions, OFAC, SS Verification and credit, where available and in accordance with federal and local regulations
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.