Bank of the West CRES Mortgage Banker - Lincoln, NE area in Lincoln, Nebraska
CRES Mortgage Banker - Lincoln, NE area
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for sourcing and originating first mortgage loans through traveling to, and building relationships with, realtors and home construction companies. Also responsible for cross-selling bank products and works to build the Bank’s image and multiple customer relationships.
Essential Job Functions
1. Sources and obtains first mortgage inquiries from existing customer base, bank referrals, and external business sources using targeted marketing and/or advertising efforts.
2. Conducts presentations at branches, real estate office sales meetings, homebuyer's seminary or any other venue to solicit first mortgage business. Advises new and existing customers on various loan programs based on the customers' financial needs.
3. Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires, and earnings to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk to the Bank. Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with applicants.
4. Obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data. Analyzes current rates and loan programs and provides accurate and timely information to customers.
5. Manages pipeline to ensure service standards and financial goals are met.
6. Transacts business in conformance with state and federal regulations such as, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA, and Fair Lending Practices
7. Acts as liaison with borrowers/customers, other bank employees, outside entities (realtors, title and escrow officers, etc.) as well as other division staff, to facilitate a prompt, efficient closing of each loan.
8. Keeps informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government -insured mortgages.
9. Consistently works in accordance to published department sales and service standards.
10. Consistently manages to prescribed personal and business unit sales plans as well as the overall strategy of Mortgage Banking.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in - Required
· Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· Requires 3 years minimum experience in mortgage sales.
· Prior experience, with proven results, in first mortgage sales and customer service preferred
· Financial products or services experience is highly desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Location: United States-Nebraska-Lincoln
Requisition ID: 033151