Cabela's Retail Cashier - Seasonal in LaVista, Nebraska
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for a Seasonal * Cashier* at our La Vista, NE retail store.
New Hiring Wage $10.50 Must have open to open availability Saturday and Sunday
Position Overview: Greet and engage customers during the check out process. Process customer funds accurately and appropriately, while explaining additional Cabela's services and processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet and Engage Customers in a friendly and enthusiastic manner
- Use current POS sytems to accurately and appropriately complete customer transactions following all policies, including those requiring checking for identification and age requirements.- employee must have knowledge of how to process checks, travelers checks, credit cards, etc.
- Provide a legendary customer experience for every customer and promoting Cabela's programs including, but limited to CLUB Membership, Cabela's Xtreme Protection, Kiosk, VOC, Conversation Round-up and In-Store Pick-up.
- Respond and handle customer issues by using good judgment and logic in solving problems and making decisions within the job scope.
- Assist asset protection in following all procedures and policies, including: checking inside products, checking for price switches, remove and retain security devices
- Customer Saves - if a customer is not happy, or did not have a good experience, try to correct the problem, or notify an MOD of the issue.
- Opening and Closing duties when necessary: empty trash, stock bags, supplies, cash wraps, dust and wipe counter, organization of drawer supplies
- Assist in other areas of the store when business needs dictates, which may include, but not limited to: hunting, fishing, camping, footwear, clothing, gifts, general store, archery, marine, backend, cashier, and deli or bargain cave.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years
- Hiring preference is given to those with solid sales experience and at least one year of related field experience.
Must be available and OPEN to work weekend and holiday shifts Other Skills/Abilities
Ability to provide superior customer service and exceed customer’s expectations (Required)
- Ability to use good judgment and logic (Required)
- Ability to provide superior customer service and exceed customer’s expectations (Required)
- Experience in the related field or outdoor lifestyle (Required)
- Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
- Must be able to stock product at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
- Must be able to place product on/off conveyor, trucks, shelving, etc.
- Must be able to write, type and use phone system. Cabela's offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, generous product discounts, 401K savings plan, and Health and Dental coverage for you and your family.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Auto req ID: 39899BR
Posting Title: Retail Cashier - Seasonal
Location/Division: LaVista NE - Retail
Req Type: Non-Exempt