Catholic Health Initiatives XRAY TECH LIMITED - St. Francis - PRN in GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska
XRAY TECH LIMITED - St. Francis - PRN
CHI Health is a regional health network with a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 15 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities and more than 150 employed physician practice locations in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa. More than 12,000 employees comprise the workforce of this network that includes 2,820 licensed beds and serves as the primary teaching partner of Creighton University’s health sciences schools. In fiscal year 2014, the organization provided a combined $149.3 million in quantified community benefit including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With locations stretching from Kearney, Neb. to Missouri Valley, Iowa, the health network is the largest in Nebraska and serves residents of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. For more information, visit online at CHIhealth.com.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- According to established procedures and protocols prepares patient for procedure; providing instructions to obtain desired results, gain cooperation, and minimize anxiety. Performs procedures, corroborates patient’s clinical history with procedure assuring information is documented and available for use by licensed practitioner, provides patient education, evaluates understanding of the patient about the procedure and assumes responsibility for provision of physical and psychological needs of patients during procedures.
Applies principles of radiation safety utilizing the ALARA process to minimize risk to patient, self, and others. Selects and operates system, compression devices, and associated equipment to achieve desired results. Evaluates images and data for technical quality, assuring proper identification is recorded.3.
Positions patient and equipment to best demonstrate the anatomic area of interest, respecting patient ability and comfort. Immobilizes patient as required for appropriate examination. Selects appropriate techniques respecting established protocols and other factors influencing radiographic parameters.
- Evaluates images and data for technical quality, provides a digital image record of procedures assuring proper identification is evident.
- Maintains records, respecting confidentiality and established policy. Participates in the department’s quality assessment and performance improvement plan. May be responsible for specific quality control duties and data maintenance in assigned area.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned area and reports equipment malfunction. May be responsible for control of inventory and purchase of supplies for the area.
- Performs a variety of related clerical tasks, such as retrieving previous images, answering the phones and relaying messages, coping or post processing of images, completing examination requests, scheduling examinations and the like.
- Keeps work-area clean and orderly, and ensures a proper level of supplies are available in the examination rooms and in the storerooms. Ensures sterile packaged supplies are not damaged or outdated, and there are ample amounts of sterile supplies available for use.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Knowledge of diagnostic radiology principles and procedures as well as operation and maintenance of radiologic equipment as normally acquired through completion one year post high school training in an approved school of radiologic technology or Limited Scope Radiology course, passing all of the limited scope examinations. Must maintain a current State of Nebraska License.
License and Certification
Current State of Nebraska License as a Limited Scope Radiographer.
BLS certification is required.
Approximately three-to-six months on-the-job experience necessary to become familiar with hospital routines, procedures, policies, and floor plan.
Primary Location NEBRASKA-GRAND ISLAND-ST FRANCIS
Daily Schedule PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 0
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2017-R0126724