ADM Operator In Training - Columbus, NE in Columbus, Nebraska
Operator In Training - Columbus, NE
For more than a century the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with more than 33,000 ADM employees serving customers in more than 140 countries. With a global value chain that includes more than 470 crop procurement locations, 285 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 40 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses.
Monitors and controls process equipment from the DCS and the field. The operator makes adjustments necessary to insure both the quality and the quantity of the products are within specified limits. The operator is responsible for proper documentation and communicates important information to the production supervisor. The operator maintains the Master Sanitation Scheduled in assigned area and cleans process spills as they occur.
Essential Job Functions
· Monitors all DCS screens on a continual basis, noting all changes or discrepancies in production variables such as temperatures, pressures, flows, tank levels, densities, pH and other process conditions.
· Manipulates DCS control board and screens by targeting and making changes to set-points, out-puts, valves, etc. in order to keep various production conditions within specifications limits and parameters.
· Analyzes sample results, verifying product quality and adherence to specifications and determines the adjustments needed to correct deviations.
· Observes and acknowledges all alarm warnings on the DCS Alarm Screen and determines corrective actions to be taken in the control room or in the field to remedy the situation.
· Obtains samples of product at various stages of production process to test for acidity, density, moisture, pH, and other quality parameters using pH meter, hydrometer, centrifuge, and other lab equipment.
· Troubleshoots problems by investigating and inspecting all process and machine malfunctions and utilizes mechanical, chemical and other technical expertises to solve and eliminate process related problems.
· Works in teams by maintaining good communication and cooperation with other department operators and management in order to achieve efficient production proecesses in all areas.
· Communicates with field personnel through the use of radio units in order to ensure efficient coordination of the production process both in and out of the control room.
· Works as a member of control room team, operating the DCS and monitoring level readings, system functions and other data displayed on computer screens.
· Knows all product specifications and parameters in order to operate all milling, drying and distillation systems for production of a quality product.
· Performs Lock-Out/Tag-Out/Try-Out procedures on various valves and machine equipment such as motors, driers and pumps. Adheres to all safety and process requirements.
· Provides work direction and training to field personnel for various operational assignments, or when routine operation of equipment is manually required.
· Records data and results on Production Parameters charts, Rounds Checklist, log sheets and other related documentation, taking accurate notes on all production figures, times, calculations and other system or operational information.
· Manually adjusts machines and valves such as butterfly, gate or ball valves in order to maintain process efficiency and quality production standards.
· Locates sources of trouble through multiple observation techniques such as sound, sight, touch and smell.
Job Description (Continued):
· Starts machines and adjusts valves according to guidelines as outlined in the department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
· Completes CIP (Cleaning In Place) procedures on various equipment to ensure efficient functioning and quality production.
· Transfers product to storage tanks by activating appropriate pumps or conveyers upon reaching desired product consistency.
· Handles various chemicals in assorted containers in the manner outlined in the manufacturer’s chemical Material Safety Data Sheet.
· Observes field temperature gauges, pressure gauges and flow meters to regulate and maintain required process parameters and/or to verify DCS readings.
· Resets or energizes electrical panels located in Motor Control Center Rooms in order to restart production equipment in a safe and timely manner.
· Suggests improvements in work methods and procedures by communicating with area leaders, other operators or engineers and discussing recommendations of existing production practices.
· Dumps chemicals into mixing tanks and turns valves to admit fluids to prepare solutions for various process-related functions.
· Read and interprets Piping and Instrumentation Drawings to determine system or equipment location and lay-out.
· Attends respective departmental meetings in order to review and discuss production reports or other department and plant issues.
· Documents and reports any concerns or problems with the DCS equipment by writing out a DCS System Change Notice to inform appropriate personnel of specific problem areas and to help ensure timely repairs, adjustments or process updates.
· Performs light maintenance on various department machinery such as filters, heat exchangers, valves, pumps and other process equipment.
· Informs supervisor immediately of any hazards, unsafe equipment and/or acts. Additionally reports immediately any accidents, injuries and near misses to supervisor.
· Recommends solutions to correct deficiencies or improve work and operational practices.
· Participates actively in training.
· High Diploma or equivalent
· Must Successfully complete all ADM Safety Certification requirements
· Must pass the Job Keys Operator Assessment
Must be able to work rotating shift.
• Able to meet the physical requirements of the position including but not limited to: able to lift up to 50 lbs, stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time, squat/kneel, climb stairs/ladders, operate vibrating equipment/power tools/assistive transfer devices, able to grip/grasp/pinch and reach overhead, work in a variety of environmental conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc)
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401(k)/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
This job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen background check and physical if required.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NE - Nebraska
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veterans