Maverik MAV Cashier (Adventure Guide) in ALLIANCE, Nebraska
Various shifts available include: Full Time Food Service and Customer Service positions available Customer Service positions Maverik store locations are responsible for providing prompt, efficient, effective, and courteous quality service to the customer as well as maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the store. This responsibility is for both food service and operations. This includes preparing food products according to Maverik standards, stocking food display items, and filling and maintaining all self-serve offerings. Responsibilities in operations include technical skills of cashiering, including but not limited to serving customers and operating the cash register and fuel console. Maverik’s store customer service functions are called various titles representing the job functions all employees are crossed trained and certified to perform: Cashier/Adventure Guide, Crew Member (Food Service/Cinnabon).service to the customer as well as maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the store.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service.
- Operate POS (cash register and gas console) precisely and accurately handle money, checks, and other types of payment received for product sold.
- Perform the following service transactions in accordance with company policy: credit card transactions, food stamp acceptance, manufacturer coupon redemption, personal check acceptance, vendor check-in, alcohol and tobacco sales, and fast food sales.
- Actively participate in all sales promotions and other campaigns. Practice suggestive selling and build customer relations. Be aware of sales goals and performance against those goals.
- Review and adhere to all city, county, state, and federal laws affecting store operations.
- Maintain a neat personal appearance and wear company uniform and nametag at all times.
- Address customer complaints in a positive manner. Document complaints for follow up by Store Director.
- Preparation of bakery items in accordance with current procedures as designated by Store Director. This may include baking, preparing food, and maintaining condiment bar, monitoring fresh food availability, and other duties assigned by the Store Director.
- Ensure that the store is free of litter and spills and that all equipment is sanitized and free of dirt, as well as ensuring that all equipment is in working condition. Maintain a neat and clean store inside and out.
- Straighten and organize backroom supplies and equipment as needed.
- Face front and dust merchandise.
- Receive product deliveries from vendors: move, sort, and stack cases. Stock shelves with new merchandise.
- Conduct daily inspections of perishable products to check code dates (freshness) and proper rotation.
- Check identification for alcohol and tobacco products according to company policy.
- Follow company policy on robbery/violence prevention and safety. Review and adhere to store safety/emergency procedures – critical telephone numbers and incident reporting forms and protocol.
- Perform regular cleaning of counter surfaces, store equipment, restrooms and other duties as assigned by Store Director.
- Participate in all store sales building, customer service, and team-building activities.
- Live and exemplify Maverik’s Core Values.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
- The list of Essential Job Duties is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed at any time.
Qualifications: Experience, Competencies and Education
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn simple tasks quickly and work with little or no supervision
- Basic math skills
- Food Handlers Permit, if required by store/county
Requisition Number: 17-5198
Post Date: 9/8/2017
Work Hours: MAV Available All Shifts (24 hours/day, 7 days/week)
Title: MAV Cashier (Adventure Guide)